Monday, October 8, 2007

The day after I started my blog!

I spent a long time this morning with my daughter putting up photos of her beautiful hand-made glass beads onto Etsy. She only started this particular strand of artwork earlier on this year and I think some of her results are quite stunning. (You can see them if you click on the link to dizzydesigns on Etsy.) During the past couple of weeks we have spent literally hours trying out different lighting and backgrounds to find a way of getting the best picture and I now appreciate how difficult it is to get everything just right.

We managed only 5!! But they are eye-catching I think. I really must organize the whole procedure more carefully. Hats off to all those millions of people who have managed it successfully and effortlessly!!!

Last week we had new carpet laid on the stairs and on the landing. It's very pale in colour and I'm hoping it won't show the dirt too quickly. It was such a contrast to the old, green carpet that, when he first saw it, my grandson number 4 aged nearly 6, said, 'Wow! It looks like it's been snowing on the stairs!' A good description I thought.

We also had Karndean flooring put in the kitchen, the study and in the cloakroom. What a chaotic mess! All furniture had to be stacked in the lounge, the garage and in the bedrooms. The floors had to be screeded and left to dry overnight. The smell was awful and, although I had bought some 'ready meals', we couldn't get to the fridge or the cooker, so it was a good excuse to go out for a meal.

The limestone tiles were put down over the next two days and they look really good. However, ever since we have been finding that the edges and corners have lifted slightly. The experts at the shop have told us to put 'something heavy' on the areas since pressure will stick them back down. So there have been all sorts of heavy objects scattered around the floor since last Thursday and the furniture remains in the lounge etc. Some of the tiles have stuck themselves down but some have been very stubborn and so the very nice man from the shop is coming back on Thursday to have a look. I'm hoping that he'll put it right. I don't know of anyone else who has this stuff on their floor so I have no idea if this is normal ...

This picture shows the tiles

2 comments:

smokingdrum said...

I sure hope he fixes it for you!

turnedlight said...

The floor looks great!