Thursday, October 11, 2007

Early autumn and Harvest Festival



It's a beautiful sunny day now after a very foggy beginning! The lovely acer which stands in a pot on my patio has turned a vibrant shade of red and will be losing its leaves quite soon.


This morning I went with my daughter in law to school to see my grandson's Harvest Festival celebration. He has been in this school for just 6 weeks and we were hoping that all would be well and that he would actually enjoy taking part. It was crowded with parents and grandparents of the 50 pupils and we all listened to a speaker who had come from the Salvation Army with the aid of her hand puppet to explain the pleasure of sharing. As time went on my grandson started to relax and eventually he appeared to enjoy singing with the rest. It was lovely to see.

Whilst waiting for the tile fitter to come and inspect the tiles which are not quite firmly stuck down, I have started another batch of dough which I shall make into rolls. This time it is Doves' organic white flour, which I know isn't as nutritious as wholemeal! I hope not to surprise my husband this time by forgetting that they are rising in the airing cupboard!


My kettle has been difficult to use recently as the spring in the lid has broken. My husband had already installed a new spring some time ago but, since the lid has become difficult again, today was time for drastic action. The offending spring has now been removed and a small knob has been added to help lift the lid. I have included a picture of it. We'll see how this arrangement pans out over the next few boilings!!!

1 comment:

turnedlight said...

Wow! I have put an autumnal picture on my blog - but yours is so much nicer!