Saturday, May 3, 2008

Birthday boy!!!


Yesterday was the lovely Man-in-my-life's birthday.

But the day started in a funny way.  The phone rang while I was still asleep - I find it difficult to sleep past 6.30am so finding out that it was 8.50am was quite a shock!  In my dazed state I found the phone which I can hear (downstairs) and got my hearing aids in and managed to conduct a couvert conversation about the size of men's handkerchiefs! 

As I put down the phone the door bell rang and I had to find my dressing gown and stumble downstairs only to find the window cleaner asking if I wanted the windows cleaned.  Yes please!!

That was our cue to get dressed as quickly as possible but it was quite an art dodging the faces in the windows whilst rushing from bedroom to bathroom starkers!  



As we were getting breakfast my smashing and superbly artistic daughter arrived bearing parcels and cards.  The beautiful picture above of a path near St Catherine's Hill, Winchester is the present she had painted for her Dad.  He loved it and couldn't actually believe she had painted it for him.


The cards were from grandsons number one and three with lots of candles on an amazing cake and love and kisses from them both.  What lovely thoughts.  My talented daughter had also painted a card with all the tools used recently on her shed.  It's so precious that it is going to be framed and displayed too!


We went to the Red Lion in Overton for lunch and had great food.  The picture above shows the creme brulee pudding which was delicious.


This bowl of ice cream was for grandson number four who accompanied us. He loved the pretty coulis decoration around the dish.


The picture above is of the bread and butter pudding which my fantastically clever and imaginative son ordered.  He had made an amazing card using images of the galaxies with my lovely m-i-m-l in the middle, gazing up!  



My daughter ordered the cheese option and you can see how appetising that looked.



The picture above shows the chocolate pudding which I ordered.  It was a joy to behold and tasted terrific.  I didn't really want to spoil the whole creation.

After school my super-duper creative daughter-in-law brought the rest of the family here for a slice of birthday cake.  Grandson number two gave him a card with a picture of a cat 'which looks like Baggy' and a brilliant red mouse mat!  Lovely husband needed a mouse mat so he was very pleased.  Grandson number four had cut out a fantastic guitar-shaped card and made a beautiful red envelope.  He also had a present - a lovely mug which grandad was very pleased with.


No comments: