Monday, May 12, 2008

The new studio/shed - latest!


Last Friday my wonderful husband, my very patient daughter and I all set about fixing the four remaining pieces of hardboard needed to complete the insulation to the roof.  



We spent all day from about 9.20am until just after five in the blazing sunshine measuring and re-measuring and then sawing, only to find that small gaps had appeared from nowhere!  


This picture shows my daughter picking up all the screws which I accidentally scattered far and wide when I kicked the box of screws across the floor.

We all felt exceedingly weary with creaking knees and backs and wanted only to lie down and sleep through this unusually hot weather.



Very hardworking husband is shown putting in the last screw.  The whole of the inside can now be painted.

Below is one of the chairs we used in order to reach the roof.  It was lovely to sit on it, inside the studio, with the insulated roof shielding us from the heat of the sun.

No comments: