Saturday, May 3, 2008

My artistic family


I am very proud to put up some of the cards and drawings done by various members of my fantastic family especially created for Grandad's birthday, yesterday.  The first one is of Grandad himself.  He's waiting to be given a shirt exactly like this one!!  (And he told me he's got his hands in his pockets.)




This is an amazing birthday cake picture by grandson number three - the cake had to be big enough to hold all the 66 candles!  And it's been cleverly designed to look like an ocean-going liner.



The lovely landscape below was painted for me to use on a card as I had run out of time to do one myself!  What a lovely, kind thought and lots of help from grandson number four.



The ever-lovely m-i-m-l was so pleased with this beautiful watercolour of all the tools he's using at present on the studio for our daughter.  He couldn't believe this had just been created for him.


And this card is just unbelievable!  What a super idea and carried out with such panache!!  I think Jim is dazed with his head amongst the stars and galaxies in the night sky.  What he would give to get a photograph a tiny bit like this!


This wonderful, 3-d effect guitar was presented inside a handmade red envelope.  Wonderful!!


I haven't yet taken photos of the four handmade handkerchiefs which were specially made by my sewing-genius daughter-in-law.  But I will very soon.  

Thank you to you all for making yesterday a special day.

And, as promised, I have a couple of pictures of the perfect, man-sized handkerchiefs which were so carefully made by my sewing-genius daughter-in-law.  They are in cotton lawn and pale blue.


Dad was so pleased to receive them - he'd given up hope of ever finding some decent-sized handkerchiefs and in a plain material.  Fancy having some especially made for you!  Bespoke indeed!!!!



Again thank you to all the family for such attention and love!  It is really appreciated.

No comments: