Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Fair


On Saturday I took dizzydesigns' beautiful handmade beads and jewellery to the fair at Overton. It took ages to set up but I had a good spot and the table was lovely and big. I was next to an amateur artist from Kingsclere who had some great water colours of boats old and new.
It was raining though - you may remember that it was forecast as being a really bad day weather-wise. It was also rather cold. The venue was lovely and the caretaking staff and tea makers were so helpful and friendly. But the public stayed away.


Well, some ventured out and dripped into the hall. Those who came were chatty and happy to wander around in the warm. I did sell several items but nowhere near as much as I'd hoped.
A shame, as the lampwork beads really sparkled.
Next to me was, Raspberry, my daughter-in-law with her gorgeous array of corsages and really fab handmade bags! Those who appreciated quality realised that they were beautifully made and finished off. The picture above shows her table. The bags are all unique and show her expert skills in needlework and design.
On the table you can also see some superb photographs taken by my hugely talented son. I am very proud of him and his works of art. I love every one.
I think I did pretty well on the whole considering the quiet pace. I'm sure another time, and with better weather I would do very well.

Thank you Overton for your warm welcome and also to those who came to have a look. I'll be back, I hope, next year!

No comments: