Monday, December 31, 2007

Surprise present

On Saturday the ever-lovely man in my life gave me a belated Christmas present.   It was a cardboard box with a handle.  When I opened it I was so surprised I couldn't speak.  It was a Macbook laptop computer!!!!   Wow! And wow! again!  I have always dreamt of owning a laptop and I must say I do fancy the apples - ever since I first put my fingers on a Mac keyboard many moons ago when dreary old, stick-in-the-mud teachers were pushed into the new, technological age of computers.  I loved dragging the icons across the screen to move them about and especially to dump them in the wastepaper basket.

Well, I now own one!  I feel a bit frightened of it though.  I really do not know how to put things onto the screen so that I can use them later.  I suppose it's because I have never needed to (lovely man-in-my-life again).   Anyway, my super duper brain box son (who knows everything there is to know about apples), was really great and sorted it out to get it up and running.  Then, his fantastically organised and clever wife offered to put things onto the desktop and show me how to operate the things I want.  They have both spent hours helping me and I am eternally grateful.   Thank you both.  I know I shall still need more help in the future, so don't go away, please.                                                                                                                                

Of course, my lovely m-i-m-l has shown and guided me through everything too.  He is still getting acquainted with apples though after a lifetime of PCs - which he's crazy about.  How kind it was of him to get me something which is more difficult for him to use.                                                                                                      

If I find out how to get pics onto this site from my new computer I shall add some asap.


1 comment:

smokingdrum said...

I'm very pleased you are enjoying your MacBook and will help you with anything and everything Mac related.